Friday, September 19, 2008

Annabelle - 8 Months

It's been a crazy month! I've spent way too much time in the hospital because my "heartburn" turned out to be gallstones. Before all of this, I never liked having an IV stuck to my arm but I'm now convinced that it's the greatest invention ever - immediate pain relief! =)

After 5yrs, I've decided to leave Deloitte and take a position at McDonald's Europe division. So far it's been a great move! We're starting to plan our trips to Europe which I'm really excited about. It's also cut down my commute and since I'm on a flexible work schedule (7am-4pm), I get to see more of Annabelle (and Ben and Tutti). What more could a girl want???


I figured I'd save updates on Annabelle for last otherwise people might not read any of the other updates. Heehee. As always, I'm amazed at how much Annabelle's developing her own personality. She's very independent and for the most part prefers not to be carried so that she has no restriction and can move around on her own. She's still not a big fan of baby food (homemade or Gerber) but gets unbelievably excited if you give her bread or her puffs. She prefers drinking from a regular glass instead of her sippy cup when she's not drinking from her bottle which by the way, she still has no interest in holding on her own. She's loves seeing other kids and will yell at them to get their attention regardless of whether she's indoors or outdoors. We're looking forward to when she understands the meaning of "indoor voice." She's starting to get seperation anxiety when she's not with Ben, my mom, or myself. When she has a hard time going to sleep, she likes to sleep in our bed and will dive head first into a spot that she might think is comfortable. When that doesn't turn out to be as comfortable as expected, she'll dive head first into another spot and usually repeats this process for a good 20 minutes before finding just the right spot. Today she stood up by herself w/o holding on to anything for about 3 seconds and may have gone on longer except that Ben and I screamed with excitement and probably startled her causing her to lose balance. Here's a link to more of her photos.

No comments: